Sunday, September 13, 2020

Seventh Anniversary -- stats to date


TPS has just had its seventh anniversary (Sept. 7, 2013). I thought I’d list the main stats that Google Blogger provides, in the context of having no notion of what’s high or low, normal or remarkable for an unconventional psychotherapy blog. As of this minute, today:

Pageviews today – 95
Pageviews yesterday – 55
Pageviews last month – 1,575
Pageviews all time history – 102,207

These stats will not be usefully accurate as they include my own views. These would, though, mostly amount to one per day, as I will activate the “Don’t track my views for this blog” function when I first click on, any given day.

The statistics I find most interesting are numbers of Comments. I think this should mildly, passingly interest almost anyone with a therapy bent.

Year 2020 – 3 comments
Year 2019 – 5 comments
Year 2018 – 13 comments
Year 2017 – 14 comments
Year 2016 – 11 comments
Year 2015 – 12 comments
Year 2014 – 19 comments
Year 2013 (September through December) – 1 comment

Comments don’t necessarily reflect the blog’s popularity. The scant number for all years (and I can’t ignore the relative drastic death of the Commentariat this and last year) must have real meaning, but I’ve never known how to discern it. On a weak-feeling day, I imagine that anyone who peeks in will read the first paragraph of the latest article, become depressively bored, and click off with rash speed. Otherwise, I can only guess. And my guess is that drastic information that doesn’t respect the delusional shallowness of Cognitive Therapy and that claims to know we are screwed at birth and in childhood and that all remedies are equivalent to pain and hard work, will cause readers to fall into themselves in silent dismal acknowledgment and have nothing to say.

Finally, my pageview world standing:

United States – 233
Canada – 50
United Kingdom – 37
Germany – 7
Romania – 4
Sweden – 3
France – 2
Portugal – 2
Philippines – 1
Turkey – 1

I don’t know what to do about this, except possibly to ask Turkey, the Philippines, Portugal and France to all get together and start a TPS Support Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but I'd suggest you first read "Feeling-centered therapy" and "Ocean and boat" for a basic introduction to my kind of theory and therapy.