Saturday, November 4, 2023

"I Forgive" and Other Delusions


This is to announce that Kindle (Amazon) is now carrying my ebook (and soon in paperback) selection of blog articles. I’ve titled it “I Forgive” and Other Delusions – feeling-centered depth therapy and psychology for adults and their inner baby. The book is significantly easier to read and search than ten years of links (in addition to having a table of contents). I’ve also “adultified” much of the content, mostly to embarrass me less. Writing in the pregnant atmosphere of active therapy tends to feature a bit too much adjectival and acid attitude. The ebook strips most of the purple icing from the cake.

 

The older I get and the more I watch, hear and read, the more I see that almost every form of psychological healing today is thought- and hope-based, shallow manipulations of mind, brute-force “intention,” one-a-week techniques, and the hell too much Carl Rogers’ passive-unaggressive approach. I am not unique in pointing out (with a flaming sword) that healing has to address deep wounds by staying with them and leading pain out. Arthur Janov’s Primal Therapy has done this with wisdom, widespread success and popularity since 1970 (until all the alarmed, upstaged psychotherapists trolled it back to Santa Monica, France, England and South Africa). My approach has always been more down-to-earth than radical Primal as it is based in the realities of the human persona – the adult that must remain itself despite deep, sometimes epiphanic work. This may be less obvious in the book’s articles than it has always been in my therapy sessions. There, profound empathy for the invisible child runs the show while birth trauma may be given just a passing nod. Articles present more of the oceanic idea behind the fluid act.

 

While not everyone (I can’t believe I’m saying this) will want to own a copy of the book, I invite you to look at the Kindle page and “read a sample.” Preface, Introduction and a few articles (including the eponymous “forgive” one) will be informative of this radical but all-natural approach. I say “all natural” because real therapy, healing therapy, is simply the caring and human acts that our child self needed when it was first hurt. We therapists are just a bit late.

 

https://www.amazon.com/Forgive-Other-Delusions-Therapeutic-feeling-centered-ebook/dp/B0CM82WK28/ref=sr_1_1?crid=CYFC26VCAX9U&keywords=%22I+forgive%22+and+other+delusions&qid=1699145060&sprefix=i+forgive+and+other+delusions%2Caps%2C125&sr=8-1


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but I'd suggest you first read "Feeling-centered therapy" and "Ocean and boat" for a basic introduction to my kind of theory and therapy.